Complaints policy and procedure
Not happy with our service?
We welcome comments, feedback and suggestions and use these to improve our service wherever possible. We will:
- Treat complaints seriously and deal with them properly.
- Resolve complaints promptly and informally whenever possible.
- Learn from complaints and take action to improve our service.
- Ensure that complaints are treated in confidence.
What to do if you have a complaint
Please let us know as quickly as possible. We have a variety of ways you can get in touch.
What happens next?
If you contact us by phone, we'll try to resolve the issue there and then. Similarly, if you complain by email or in writing we'll acknowledge your complaint within 5 days, and do everything we can to resolve it within 20 days. If this isn't possible, we'll explain why and give a new deadline. If you make a complaint our Supporter Care team may need to contact you for further information or clarification. For example, if the complaint is about a fundraising activity we'll need to collect information such as what happened, when and how.
What if the complaint is not resolved?
If you're not happy with our response then you can get back in touch with us by writing to Friends of the Earth's Complaints Coordinator. Your complaint will be reviewed by a member of our Senior Leadership Team and Friends of the Earth will respond in writing within 14 days. If for any reason you feel your complaint is still unresolved then please forward it to the Chief Executive.
Friends of the Earth Social and Ethical Supporter Charter
We have prepared this charter in order to inspire the trust and confidence of our supporters - the source of over 90% of Friends of the Earth's income.
When you choose to support Friends of the Earth we promise to:
- Acknowledge all support that we receive and offer a variety of ways for you to keep updated on how you're contributing to Friends of the Earth's campaigns and research, unless otherwise requested.
- Use all donations effectively where the need is greatest. All donations shall be used wisely, and efficiently. The public can see Friends of the Earth's Annual Review and financial accounts on our website or get them from our Supporter Care team on 0800 581 051.
- Respond promptly and efficiently to any email, phone and letter enquiries that need an answer. Our Supporter Care team is on hand to answer any of your questions about Friends of the Earth's work. Our aim is to ensure that you as a supporter have access to information about the campaigns and research that you are funding.
- Treat all personal information with confidence and comply with the UK Data Protection Act (1998). We shall respect your right to privacy and confidentiality, securely storing any information that you may give us.
Any concerns that you may have relating to the above points will be handled swiftly and effectively by Friends of the Earth's Supporter Care team. You can contact the Supporter Care team directly on 0800 581 051 or via our postal address, 139 Clapham Road, London SW9 0HP. Alternatively, you can email the team via our feedback page. Friends of the Earth is a member of the Institute of Fundraising and the Direct Marketing Association and is committed to the highest standards in fundraising practice. We're registered with the new Fundraising Regulator and aim to adhere to its Codes of Fundraising Practice.